Terms and Conditions
Customer to arrange
- Area to be fitted must be cleared as much as possible, as all work must take place near to the fitting point (heavy panels and drawer units).
- Carpets to be rolled back or removed which is preferred. (Fitters will not cut carpet. You will need to contact your own carpet fitter to re-lay.) Can be fitted on carpet if arranged but not advisable.
- Any mains connected electrical work must be done by an electrician before fitting date.
- Any plumbing work (radiator moves etc) must be done by a plumber before fitting date.
- Walls, floors and ceilings need to be made good before fitting date if necessary.
- 240v mains supply must be accessible free of charge for the fitter to use.
- Children and pets to be kept out of fitting area for safety reasons.
- Deposit of 30% of total cost of furniture required to proceed with order (non refundable after 5 days).
- 50% Delivery confirmation payment approximately 1-2 weeks before fit date.
- 20% Completion payment to be paid as soon as possible and within 5 days maximum of installation of your furniture.
- Cancellation of furniture within 5 working days of order will not incur a charge, after this the deposit is non refundable. Cancelling the order after these 5 days up to the delivery confirmation date would incur a further 20% of total order. From Delivery Confirmation to fit date would incur the full amount.
- Angled doors will follow on after fit to get best quality finish.
- Please check your order carefully before signing.
- Any add ons or alterations to your job which is different from the order you signed for may incur an extra charge.
- If there is a problem with any part of the job which needs attention please contact us within 7 days of completion and we will endeavour to sort these out as quickly as possible, within reasonable time limits and lead times of our suppliers.
- There is a 10 year guarantee on failure of wooden materials purchased. 6 years on any vinyl wrapped products. This does not cover natural wear and tear. All reasonable requests will be followed up with a visit to review the problem and a solution reached. Proof of purchase will be required.
Please be aware that as this is fitted furniture there will be a certain amount of dust from the fitting process. Dust sheets will be used where necessary to protect items that can’t be moved.
For your peace of mind we are fully insured for any damage to your property in the unlikely event of something happening!
It normally takes 6-8 weeks from receiving deposit to fitting date, which will be arranged once we are happy the order is all present and correct (times may vary).
Our contact details
Name: Roy Newton Furniture
Address: Unit 6, Cannock Enterprise Centre, West Cannock Way, Staffordshire, WS12 0QW
Phone Number: 01543 897740
What type of information do we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Customers’ or potential customers’ names and contact details including addresses, emails and phone numbers.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of obtaining a quote for bedroom furniture.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the above address.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to visit your address in order to give you a quote and contact you with information regarding this.
We may use your details to contact you after your order has been completed to ensure you are satisfied with the service received.
We do not share your information with any third parties.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored online on a password encrypted system and paper files which are stored securely behind locked doors.
If you request a quote from us we will keep your name and contact details for a maximum of 18 months from the date of the quote. If you order a bedroom from us we will keep the details for the duration of the guarantee which is at the time of writing is 10 years.
We will then dispose of your information by deleting all online records and shredding paper records securely.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113